Power Learn Project Legal Policies
Table of contents
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Power Learn Project (“PLP”) is a registered non-governmental organization in Kenya, whose goal is to drive transformative change for youth in Africa by powering them with relevant Tech skills through the provision of quality and decentralized Tech training.
PLP runs a program 16 weeks, fully online software development program looking to build tech capacity of youth across Africa under the 1MillionDevs4Africa Initiative.
This document outlines the Terms and Conditions for all scholarships administered by the Power Learn Project. By submitting this application for our scholarship, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- Only completed applications accompanied by all supporting documents will be considered.
- The PLP scholarship is awarded on fit for the program case.
- The PLP scholarships are limited in number, and subject to availability. Even if an applicant meets scholarship criteria, a scholarship may not be awarded.
- Applicants shall be assessed according to the assessment criteria set out for the program.
- Applicants may be requested to submit further information or to attend an interview.
- The PLP scholarship is not transferable.
- The PLP scholarship is subject to applicants meeting the entry requirements to the program.
- Continuation of the scholarship is subject to the recipient successfully meeting the study requirements of each term of the program, including passing all subjects, and adherence to program rules.
- Scholarship recipients shall be liable to pay any non-tuition fee items which may be required for the program, such as toolkits or materials.
- Scholarship recipients agree to become ambassadors of PLP undertaking activities agreed as reasonable and acceptable by the scholarship recipient. This includes matters such as attending events, answering enquiries of prospective students and contributing short articles and use of scholarship recipient's images for social media collateral, newsletters and blogs.
- Scholarship cannot be deferred to the following academic year, even if your academic offer is deferred. If you decide to defer your studies, you should apply again for our scholarship the following year once you have an offer for the new academic year. There is no guarantee that we will offer the same scholarship each year, or that you will be offered a scholarship again after reapplying.
- log network use and to monitor file server space utilization by Users, and assume no responsibility or liability for files deleted due to violation of file server space allotments;
- remove a user account on the network;
- monitor the use of online activities. This may include real-time monitoring of network activity and/or maintaining a log of Internet activity for later review;
- identify the user/user account, give the user access to complete the registration process on the portal and access our Services.
- enable and deliver the services.
- to manage our relationship with you.
- promptly inform the user of any updates or changes to our policies and services.
- furnish the user with feedback on their participation and performance in the use of our Services. grant the user access to the portal, to enable the user to complete and submit reviews and/or submit completed questionnaires/surveys. make our services and the portal's content available to the user and continue to modify, maintain and enhance the user's experience.
- intermittently upgrade the user experience and functionality of our Services while providing related customer services.
- manage and protect the Services (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system review).
- endeavor to respond to the users' queries/enquiries and forward information requested by the user via electronic mail, Text or other marketing channels.
- The right to be informed of the use to which their personal data is to be put;
- The right to access their personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of all or part of their personal data;
- The right to correction of inaccurate or incomplete data;
- Right to object and withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data except where required by law.
- The right to deletion of false or misleading data about them.
It is the policy of PLP to maintain an environment that promotes ethical and responsible conduct in all online network activities. PLP recognizes its legal and ethical obligation to protect your personal information and Data in that regard.
To this end, PLP reserves the right and recognizes its obligation to:
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself, data about your participation in our platform including from third party platforms you connect with PLP. We also use third party analytics to collect some data, like information about your device.
Identity Data: Information we use to identify you, authenticate you as an authorized user of the Services, communicate with you, and record any transactions you make. This includes first name, maiden name, last name, login/user ID and password details, marital status, title, data of birth and gender.
Contact Data: Includes billing address, postal address, email address, telephone number and mobile phone number.
Technical Data: Includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Services.
Usage Data: Includes information about how you use our Services.
Transaction Data: Includes details of the Services for which you have previously registered and/or in which you have been enrolled.
Assessment Data: Information on your aptitude in certain technology-based subject areas and your performance on capabilities and learning needs assessments.
Profile Data: Includes your interests, preferences, website browsing history, demographic information such as age, gender, education level, feedback and survey responses.
Data You Provide
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Services. When you create an account and use the Services, we collect personal information which includes any information about you from which you can be identified. The categories of Personal Information about you that we may collect, use, store or transfer (subject to your consent and/ requirements under applicable law) includes the following, some of which constitute Personal Information only when combined with personal identifiers:
How We Get Data about You
We use tools like cookies, web beacons, analytical services to analyze trends and administer the website, track users' movement around the websites and to gather data referenced above.
Purpose of Information
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. These include but not limited to:
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Depending on usage, we may share certain data about you with our business partners, analytics and data enrichment providers, your social media providers, companies helping us run promotions and surveys, and advertising companies who help us promote our Services. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or with your consent.
With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents:We share your data with third party companies who perform services on our behalf, like data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
With Business Partners:We have agreements with other websites and platforms to distribute our Services and drive traffic to PLP.
With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services:As part of our use of third-party analytics, we share certain contact information and data, or de-identified data as needed. De-identified data means data where we have removed things like your name and email address and replaced it with a token ID. This allows these providers to provide analytics services or match your data with publicly-available database information (including contact and social information from other sources). We do this to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
To Administer Promotions and Surveys:we may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law, or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
For Advertising:We may use and share certain Data with third party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users.
During a Change in Control:If PLP undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
After Aggregation/De-identification: We can disclose or use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose.
Rights of users
Subject to applicable laws, a user has the following rights:
Security of Information
PLP has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal data from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized PLP personnel and third-party service providers are provided access to personal data. These employees and service providers are required to treat this information as confidential. All access to our Services is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (“TLS”). When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (“SSL”). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection. Despite these precautions, PLP cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data.
Requesting your Personal Data
Where granted by local law, you may have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the data. You may also have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we have collected about you and to have any inaccuracies in that data corrected. In certain circumstances, you may also request that we cease processing your personal data. If you would like to make a request to access, review, or correct the personal data we have collected about you, or to discuss how we process your personal data, please contact us at email@example.comTo help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your personal data. We will make reasonable attempts to promptly investigate, comply with, or otherwise respond to your requests as may be required by applicable law. Different laws may prevent us from providing access to your personal data or otherwise fully complying with your request depending upon the circumstances and the request, such as for example, where producing your information may reveal the identity of someone else.
We reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee for complying with your request where allowed by applicable law, and/or deny your requests where they may be manifestly unfounded, and/or excessive, or otherwise objectionable or unwarranted under applicable law.
Personal information relating to a child
PLP shall collect and process personal information relation to a child only when consent has been granted by the child's parent or legal guardian or where the processing is in the best interests of the child. For purposes of this clause a child means persons as defined in the applicable laws of that country.